Thursday 26 July 2012

Ready For Happy Feet? Here's A Simple Step-By-Step Way To Pamper Yourself!

Summer is in full swing, and that means sandal season is upon us.

The challenge for many of you is; the more you wear, sandals, go barefoot, etc... the more your feet become dry, calloused, even cracked. That used to be me.

And, what's the fun in wearing sandals if you're always wanting to hide your feet?

I tend to be a bit of a foot fanatic. I simply LOVE feet. And, I believe it's super important to take care of them.

For years I got pedicures at a salon. A few years back I got some sort of toenail lift, due to a mild fungus, and decided my salon days were over.

It was time I learned how to give myself a deluxe pedicure. Indeed I did, and here are my tricks, tips and tools for happy and healthy footsies...

Remove your existing polish and let's get started:

1. A tub to soak your footsies. I use a simple plastic one I found at the store.
Fill with a minimum of ½ gallon of warm water.

2. Epsom Salt ½ cup. Dissolve into the warm water.

3. Essential oils (if you want to indulge in aromatherapy) I like to mix Peppermint (1 drop) Lavender (2 drops) and Eucalyptus (3 drops). But use any essential oils you like.
Add essential oils if desired.

SOAK 10-20 minutes

4. Towel. Pat dry your feet, and keep the tub of water near by.

5. Cuticle nippers - Tweezerman Stainless Cuticle Nippers (some people prefer a cuticle stick, and choose not to trim - I trim) Gently push back cuticles. Then trim, as I do, if you wish.

6. Nail clippers - Trim toenails to a length that is comfortable for you. Toe nails should not extend beyond the toe itself.

7. Emery board - Shape nails and smooth any rough edges.

8. Callous remover - Tweezerman Callus Corn Shaver is genius...
Gently remove callouses from your heel and ball of the foot area. Dip your foot in the water, pat dry and repeat to keep skin dry, but supple while moving callouses.

9. Towel - Dry feet thoroughly and dump the tub of water.

10. Basecoat - An adhesive base coat is key in helping nail color properly and lastingly adhere. Orly Bonder Basecoat has a rubberized finished that makes it my absolute favorite base! Apply one coat.

11. Nailcolor of your choice. Apply two coats.

12. Top Coat - My favorite is Barielle UV Glaze Top Coat. A super shiny and color-locking brand is key in preventing chipping and prolonging manicure.
Apply one coat.

13. Quick Dry - I like Revlon Liquid Quick Dry. There are spray versions and brush on quick dry products. Apply one coat.

14. Nail Oil - My finishing touch is always No Lift Nails Cuticle Oil. Apply generously to cuticles and nail bed.

15. Foot Lotion - Cooling Peppermint Foot Lotion from The Body Shop. Once nails have dried, give yourself a relaxing foot massage, and you'll float for days!

You're gonna LOVE the way they look AND feel!

Now call a girlfriend, make a pedi date, get together and chit-chat like only us ladies can... and treat yourselves to the Perfect Pampered Pedicure.

I look forward to hearing how your feet improve, and definitely share your latest nail color favorites!

And, as always, I'm in our corner...

Thais

You can find direct links to many of the pedicure products I use and love at:

http://www.luckyduckliving.com/founders-faves-beauty/

...AND, a portion benefits domestic non-profts. Let's make a difference together!

I am Founder of http://www.luckyduckliving.com/ a super resource for inspiration, humor, style & design tips, life solutions, kindness, cleverness, community and contribution..

Mission: Dedicated to helping you discover joy through your everyday life through The Joy Blog Weekly. And, soon, super fantastic organic, made in the USA tees benefiting domestic non-profits!

Be sure to also follow me on Twitter and Pinterest, as well!

Company Overview: Raise your happiness factor! The Lucky Duck Living community is a support and forum for anyone wanting to share happiness, discover joy and encourage. Or, be encouraged.

There's no reason to go it alone... I'm in your corner!

Thais


article source

0 comments:

© All World of Beauty and Your Daily Needs, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena